tomorrow is the first day of May, that means Comrades is here, waiting for us, ready to teach us lessons we need to learn, showing us what we can be, ready to crush us or carry us along the road from Durban to Pietermaritzburg. on the 31st May at 05:30 alongside approximately 18,000 runners I will set off from the town hall in Durban on route to PMB. the journey began many, many months ago or even years ago, a thought, a dream, a comment from a friend about this famous race legendary for both its distance and cutoffs. but before we get there we must qualify...
Should I or should I not keep my scooter. Since I bought it in May 2013 I've done about 250 miles on it. It's doesn't take a lot to run and it's cheap to insure. Let's see how many times this summer I use it then decide.
Today's run is slated as a 28 miler! The challenge is finding a suitable route, where I can refill water bottles along route, I don't want to repeat the cardiff run I did yesterday, the Taff trail and Brecon Monmouthshire canal don't really have places I can get water on route so I'm currently thinking about some loops around home this not only give me opportunity to refill but adds the extra head work of running loops. Let's see what happens.
Comments